Korotkova Anna Al'bertovna, Doctor of biological sciences, professor, head of sub-department of biology and ecology, Tula State Lev Tolstoy Pedagogical University (125 Lenina avenue, Tula, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dubinin Maksim Sergeevich, Lecturer, sub-department of biology and ecology, Tula State Lev Tolstoy Pedagogical University (125 Lenina avenue, Tula, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. The purpose of this study was to study the morphological anomalies of Carabidae in the areas of power lines in Tula region and assess the quality of the environment in the zone of influence of power lines on the basis of this parameter.
Materials and methods. The material for this study was 6043 Carabidae specimens collected in 2014–2016 in the territory of two power transmission lines (750 and 220 kV) and in the control zone.
Results. In the areas of power transmission lines in Tula region Carabidae featured 10 variants of morphological anomalies: 9 – in the area of the TL-750, 6 – in the area of the TL-220 and 5 – in the control area. The proportion of individuals with morphological anomalies in all territories lies in the range from 2,25 to 3,36 %. In all the studied areas, the violation of venation (from 41,82 to 75,00 %) prevails. The quantitative indicators characterizing the morphological anomalies of Carabidae are higher in the areas of power transmission lines than in the control area.
Conclusions. An assessment of the state of the environment based on the frequency of occurrence of morphological anomalies in carabides describes it as “moderately polluted,” which suggests the presence of electromagnetic radiation impact on this parameter.
1. Castro Tovar A., Baena M., M. A. López Vergara. Zoologica baetica. 2014, vol. 25, pp. 3–12.
2. Kondrat'eva A. M., Golub V. B., Aksenenko E. V. Byulleten' Moskovskogo obshchestva ispytateley prirody. Otdel biologicheskiy [Bulletin of the Moscow Society of Naturalists. Biological department]. 2014, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 25–27. [In Russian]
3. Nazarenko V. Yu. Ukraїns'kiy entomologіchniy zhurnal [Ukrainian entomological journal]. 2014, no. 1, pp. 69–72.
4. Balazuc J. Annales de la Société entomologique de France [Annals of the French Society of Entomology]. 1958, vol. 127, pp. 167–203.
5. Prisnyy Yu. A. Ispol'zovanie chastot poyavleniya morfologicheskikh anomaliy u zhestkokrylykh nasekomykh (Insecta, Coleoptera) v lokal'nom monitoringe: dis. kand. biol. nauk [The use of frequencies of morphological anomaly occurrence in coleopteran (Insecta, Coleoptera) in local monitoring: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of biological sciences]. Belgorod, 2009, 238 p. [In Russian]
6. Prisnyy Yu. A. Nauchnye vedomosti. Ser.: Estestvennye nauki [Scientific bulletin. Series: Natural sciences]. 2013, iss. 7, pp. 72–76. [In Russian]